simple living

I always wanted to live a simple life. My goal was then be simple while living life to the fullest. But i guess my definition of simplicity seems differenc. Simple living or voluntary simplicity according to wiki is a lifestyle individuals choose to minimize the 'more-is-better' pursuit of wealth and consumption. Adherents choose simple living for a variety of reasons, such as spirituality, health, increase in quality time for family and friends, stress reduction, conservation,social justice or anti-consumerism. Others choose it for personal taste, personal economy or as participating in sustainable development.

This maybe true to most of us. But for me, is different. You may think that it's a shallow definition but for me that is simple. For me simplicity is the basic. I have the basic in life and i have no problems in acquiring it. Not overdoing things or making things complicated. Free of troubles and worries while doing the normal life's routines. But that question is, Can i handle it? Probably my definition of simple is not the simple that i want. Even now, i can't fully grasp what simplicity is for me. Even now i am not living in simplicity.

According to Duane Elgin, "we can describe voluntary simplicity as a manner of living that is outwardly more simple and inwardly more rich, a way of being in which our most authentic and alive self is brought into direct and conscious contact with living."

0 comments: