promotion

i just happen to read an article on promotion... the title was 'Earn a Promotion in a Year: Doing Good Work Isn't the only Requirement'...it was from Yahoo and it says that 'If a promotion is one of your goals for the next year, are you doing everything you can to make it happen? It would be nice if hard work and talent would automatically lead to a job with more pay, more responsibility, and a better title. But in most cases, it takes more than that to move to the next level.'
this is f******** true...i never thought just doing your best would be enough... last Feb 22, my boss talk to me regarding my promotion... and he said that i was not promoted to the next level... you know why? it is because i lack visibility in the management.... F*** that visibility! in the first place if he had told me that he wanted me to be on that level, i should have done something for it...but too late... oh man... now he had given me 6 months to work on it... if ever i had done what he said then i will an SV... pressure! S***!... the article is so true... thus it listed 3 steps on how to go up the ladder...
1. Make Yourself Known - Look at the job you'd like to have a year from now. Who selects candidates for this position? Who does that person work with and ask for advice? >>> i guess i have to frequently greet them, talk to them with anthing, smile with them adn consult them....my boss want me to be always seen by the management....
2. Help your Boss Succeed - Often, your boss is the person who will decide if you'll be promoted. But even if not, your boss will almost certainly be consulted. So impressing your boss is a top priority. >>> yeah.. if your a failure then it's your boss failure... if he got scolded then it was your fault... your boss success is because of your sucess... ey i've been doing that.. even his presentation i'm the one who made it for him...but ok.. i will help my boss...
3. Start doing the Job -You don't want to stage an office coup and start making personnel decisions that are your boss' responsibility. But you need to show that you can work at a higher level than your current position. >>> i think am doing it right now... i was responsible of things which i am not supposed to be base on my position...again.. he requires me to show up.. create innovations... ey! is he teaching me? is he guiding me? NO! he didn't.. i was just left on my table who has no idea of what exactly i have to do..
4. Have a Plan B - ehehehh if things wont go well as plan.. and QUIT or replace you boss... wakekekekeke but i will be doing steps 1 to 3... just in case i got lucky... jaa say good luck to me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhahahahah...good luck!

Yesha Gee said...

Oh well, your boss lacks EQ. bwahaha. We can not please everyone and it hurts when most of 'our' hardwork goes to nothing just bcos of 'simple' whatever.